Our baby can read 3 letter words!!!
She started this past Monday and hasn't wanted to stop since!
She can take home a flashcard each night from school to practice reading and writing the words.
I cannot believe this day has finally come! I remember the day that she was born like it was yesterday and now, she's reading words! Wow!
Here are a few pics of her with her flashcards. I wanted to take a video tonight but she said she was tired and went to bed early. I can't argue with that when she sometimes stays awake until 11pm! I'll get one soon though! Sorry to everyone I promised a video to!!
Love,
Amanda



In this last picture, Caitlin is sounding out one of the words using her hand...at Montessori, they teach them that each syllable is a clap of her hand on the table. I think she's sounding out "mam" in this picture...
Today when I dropped her off, she had me pickup a new flashcard and a BOB Book. I'll definitely have to try to get a video tonight of her trying to read a BOOK!
Have a great day!
4 comments:
She is just to precious. That is awesome that she wants to learn to read words,and that it is encouraged to bring a flash card home. How time gets away sometimes.
YEAH CAITLIN!!!!
In that last picture she looks like "Mom, you really are making too big a deal about this!" That look on her face!
That's such a huge thing, learning to recognize words and read. A whole new beginning has opened to her! Yeah!
that's awesome, amanda! i haven't even begun to imagine my children reading. i guess i should start thinking about it!
So exciting!!!!
Post a Comment