Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday Prayer Requests (Nov. 17, 2008)

I hope you all had a great weekend.

Today is the day that I'm updating the prayer request/praise list.

I hope you all will join me in remembering and praying for the following:

*Rich still needs our prayers as they will continue to monitor his condition every other day at the hospital and he will get daily blood thinner shots.

*We all need to pray for our children. Angie Smith has laid out a clear plan on her blog to do so. Check it out here.

*Tricia, Nate and Gweneth are remodeling their new home. Please keep them in your prayers. Please also remember that Tricia suffers from CF and lymphoma.

*Pray for Stacy and Spencer as they continue to grieve the loss of their son Isaac.

*Please keep my friend Sara and her husband in your prayers. This week will be very hard. Their son, Samuel, was born on November 19, 2007 and went to heaven to be with Jesus on November 24, 2007.

*Please continue to pray for our nation, our new president-elect and our economy.

*Always remember those of us who have lost our babies. Some of my friends are having an especially hard time right now.

*Please pray for Jody - she is having a hard time right now and is missing her daughter Teagan.

*Pray for Jenny as she begins her 2nd week at her new job this week.

*Keep Jennifer and her husband in your prayers - they are going to start fertility treatments soon.

*Please pray for my friend Lauren. She is 16 weeks pregnant and she's having a lot of lower back pain. She will be seeing a chiropractor to help ease the pain.

*Please keep Jessica in your prayers as she is working with her sister in law, Meagan, to start up a non-profit organization called "Treyson's Purpose." This organization is being formed in memory of Treyson, Jessica's son who went to heaven on June 8, 2008. This organization is being formed to provide support, resources, and alternatives to pregnant women that are considering having an abortion.

*Please keep my friend in your prayers. She and her husband are trying to reconcile their marriage.

*Please remember Jen as she continues to grieve the loss of her husband and her baby.

*Pray for my friend Debbi as she has CF, her husband started a new job recently (that he keeps threatening to quit) and her meds are so expensive that she is unable to take them everyday (although she really needs to take them everyday). Please pray that she will be comforted and her depression will lessen and please pray that her husband would persevere even if the job is not something he likes to do (so that he can support his family).

*Please keep Caitlin's Grammy in your prayers. Due to the real estate market issues, she is having trouble selling homes. Please pray that she would close on a home very soon.

*Please keep Chase in your prayers. He is 3 1/2 and his ear tubes are starting to come out. He saw the ENT doctor today and he will have to have another surgery on Thanksgiving Eve to put in a new set of tubes. Please also pray for Chase's mom, Kahla. She will have a HSG on Thursday.

*Baby Ava was hospitalized last Wednesday due to a cold and her breathing problems. Please keep her in your prayers.

*Please keep Lauren's grandmother in your prayers. She is still in the hospital.


*Please keep my step-mom in your prayers - she broke her foot while at work recently. She is a pediatrician in Washington, DC.

*Please pray for Maria and her family.

*Please pray for Cate and her husband who lost their first baby on September 25th, at 10 weeks.

*Please keep all of the children who have incarcerated parents in your prayers - especially as we approach the holidays. This year our two Angel Tree Children are: Edward who is 2 years old. His wish for Christmas is any toy. Marissa who is 11 years old. Her wish for Christmas is a silver necklace.

*Please pray for my daughter, Caitlin. She woke up this morning with a deep cough and a little fever. Chris is staying home with her today and I'll leave work early to take her to the doctor.

*Please pray for my friend, Melanie. Please pray that the Lord will open a door for a new job & please pray that her walk with the Lord would gain strength.

*Please pray for Baby David.

**If I've forgotten anyone, please know that God has not forgotten you. May you feel the loving, protecting and healing arms of the Lord wrapping around you each day.

Praise Him!

*Faith Clare was born on November 12th and is a beautiful and healthy girl!

*Rich is at home with his family!

*Stephanie is 19 weeks pregnant and is feeling great!

*Rooney is 21 weeks pregnant with her baby girl!

*Stellan is a healthy baby boy!!


Thank you.

Love,
Amanda

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi, I found you through MckMama's blog. I was reading through your prayer requests (I hope you don't mind) and I saw the one about Treyson's Purpose. That is an issue I feel very strongly about and one I discussed (w/o listing it specifically) on 11/5, after the election. I'm going over to that blog to show my support. Thanks for pointing it out!

Aspiemom said...

That must take you so long to do that prayer post, Amanda. You are a very thoughtful person and I appreciate being on your list, as I appreciate everyone else does.

I hope that Caitlin is feeling better very soon and that no one else gets sick. Let us know what the dr. says, okay?

Melanie said...

Amanda you sure are showing what Christ wants us to be doing my friend! Thank you Lord for Amanda... I have 2 prayer request: 1. That the Lord will open a door for a new job and 2. My walk with the Lord has been really weak and I need it to be STRONGER than anything right now!

maw82 said...

Hey Amanda! Thanks so much for checking on me! Im telling you this is so hard its killing me in the inside! I look around at all these woman who doesn't deserve a child or just have babies and it hurts me so bad to know that they have a baby and not me! Thank you again for all he prayers!