Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Thank You

I have to tell you how thankful I am for all of your thoughts, prayers, emails, comments, e-cards, housecalls (with chocolate), cards, lunch (with my hubby), phone calls, voicemails, and paintings (from Cait) yesterday.

I tried to keep busy all day; all the while remembering.
I felt sad but was not "depressed."
Above all, I felt loved.

Thank you for your friendship, love and support.

Love,
Amanda

Here is one of Caitlin's paintings. She made it after I picked her up from school and she asked why I stayed home from work. I had to tell her. She told me she was sorry and she painted this beautiful picture. Each colored line stands for each "month" (translated as weeks) Noah was alive. He was alive for 9.5 weeks and she drew 10 lines. How did she know that? I've never told her how long he was alive...wow

3 comments:

Jen&Carter said...

Hi Amanda, Nice to meet you. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. I am so sorry that you lost a little one. I know it is hard for us to understand why God toke our little babies from our wombs so soon, I try tell myself that he needed them for a reason. It is nice to have comfort knowing that they are in the arms of God and we will one day see them again. Feb will be my due date,and it is going to be a rough one.
I will keep you in my prayers. Hugs.

Melanie said...

Wow.... Incredible how Cait drew 10 lines... God's hands were in her little hands... I am so glad that you felt peace and comfort. Love ya girlie...

Aspiemom said...

What a sweet drawing she made! I love that! You should frame it for your house.

I must not have checked blogs since Friday. I'm just catching up and hoping that this finds you having a good day.