Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, September 27, 2008

The "Surprise" In the Trashcan

So, to start the afternoon off, Chris found a "surprise" for Caitlin...

Before I post the pics and the video from the "surprise," here is the Wikipedia definition of it: The Grass Snake (Natrix natrix), sometimes called the Ringed Snake or Water Snake is a European non-venomous snake.

Yipee! A snake that's less than 5 feet from my house - in my garage - in a trashcan - waiting for Caitlin to pet it! OMG!!! Fun times. As you can tell, I don't like snakes and was hoping my first born would not either! But, since she's also her daddy's girl, I had a feeling she might just like them. He had plenty of snakes growing up and I have told him before that we will NOT have one in our house while any of our kids are growing up.

So, without further fanfare, here's snake (with my child!):


















Caitlin enjoyed touching the snake and I caught her several times since the initial meeting out in the garage peering into the trashcan. I asked her if she liked the snake and she replied, "yes, I love snakes that aren't slimy and don't bite."

P.S. The "non-slimy" but still scary snake (at least to mommy) is still in our garage in a trashcan waiting to be "let into the wild" tomorrow morning. Yippee Skippy!!!

2 comments:

Melanie said...

What a brave little girl you have there!!! Too cute...

Anonymous said...

You know what MY mom would have done had she seen that garden snake?





Scream. :) One time, a friend of mine said there was a coral snake near a pool he worked at, so he finally saw it one day and decided they needed to kill it because there were families there and everything, so he broke his neck, and then used a garden tool to...well, anyway, he took a picture with it. Someone took it with his cell phone, so my dad wanted to see it. So he pulled it up in the gallery and handed the phone to dad and mom said she wanted to see it, so dad was like - are you sure? this is a real snake...and of course mom said yes, and before dad could even get it 3 feet close to her she saw the screen and SCREAMED! Not at OUR house, but at my friends house! So everyone there laughed at her, including me :D

I hope you're having fun in NM!

Melissa the neighbor