Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Such a Thoughtful Gift

My coworker, Erin, presented me with the most thoughtful gift today. I was speechless. Her sweet spirit, compassion and talent shine through and through with each word on the page. I had to share this with you - as I will hold this gift dear to my heart for a long time to come.

Love,
Amanda




Mommy

I know you have hoped and prayed for me;
I hope I’ll be everything you dreamed I would be.

I have ten perfect fingers and ten perfect toes.
You’ll be so surprised to see how fast each one grows!

You’ll need to change my diaper and try to keep me clean.
I’ll be the cutest little baby anyone has ever seen!!

Sometimes I’ll scream and sometimes I’ll cry,
But when you hold me, I will sleep, dream and sigh.

I know you’ll buy me lots of toys and try to spoil me rotten,
But it’s the memories of times spent together that will never be forgotten.

You can dress me up so pretty and you can comb my hair,
And just know that my love for you will always be there.

I’ll be your little angel, and you will love me so.
This miracle of love between us will continue to grow and grow.

4 comments:

Aspiemom said...

That's such a sweet gift!

Jessica said...

I agree, that gift was so sweet!! And you know what else?? YOU are so sweet too!! Thanks for praying for me. You are a total sweetheart! I'm anticipating the birth of your sweet little one. You getting anxious yet???

sonivex said...

Hello Amanda,
Sorry to pop up at your blog. I'm Chris' friend from work. First of all, congratulations on your beautiful family and for the baby that is coming. I really wish I'm lucky enough to have something as beautiful as what you guys have someday.
The reason I'm leaving you this message is because I've been asking Chris about your shower forever and he finally told me that it is supposed to happen next weekend or so. I want to give you guys a present for the ocasion but your husband either tells me to send him a couple of Jack Daniels bottles or that I don't need to send him anything.
The reality is that Chris saves my life on a daily basis at work, and he does that in the most helpful, friendly and funniest manner possible. Because of that, it will be a pleasure to present you guys with something useful. Please, let me know if you have any sort of list on any online store so I can have it delivered to the office at North Course. I won't take no for an answer.
Hope you don't mind dropping me a couple of lines at sonivex@gmail.com with the info.

Congratulations again and thank you very much!

Ivson.

Chelle said...

WOW! How thoughtful.