In case you didn't catch my last post before I modified it, we took a short trip to the beach for the 4th of July. It was a nice getaway to a resort off the coast where almost one year ago there was utter devestation and destruction in that neck of the woods. We were happy to see that most of the beach was cleaned up and rebuilt with the exception of some piers and some homes and businesses that probably will never be recovered.
We rented a condo with Grammy and Uncle Mike that was on the 3rd floor (which meant the 4th floor in beach terms - due to the pilings that the homes are built on). Since the resort staff were unable to send the condo's elevators to the upper floors before Ike hit last September, all elevators were out of commission during our trip. We had to hike up 4 flights of stairs each time we wanted to go to or leave our condo! Man, did I get the workout of my pregnancy!!! My calves still hurt! We also got quite a bit of sun (since I was the ghost of the family, I got the most sunburned) but we are recovering and should be nice and tan by this weekend.
Here are some of our pics:
We rented a condo with Grammy and Uncle Mike that was on the 3rd floor (which meant the 4th floor in beach terms - due to the pilings that the homes are built on). Since the resort staff were unable to send the condo's elevators to the upper floors before Ike hit last September, all elevators were out of commission during our trip. We had to hike up 4 flights of stairs each time we wanted to go to or leave our condo! Man, did I get the workout of my pregnancy!!! My calves still hurt! We also got quite a bit of sun (since I was the ghost of the family, I got the most sunburned) but we are recovering and should be nice and tan by this weekend.
Here are some of our pics:
Daddy comforting Cait at Rainforest Cafe - she was so scared!
After lunch at Greek place on Strand with Grammy
After lunch at Greek place on Strand with Uncle Mike
After lunch at Greek place on Strand with Daddy
The resort had free face painting on the 4th!
So patient :)
So ready :)
28 weeks!!
Uncle Mike and Cait clowning around :)
Peace Daddy
27 weeks and 6 days
Mommy (Madison) and Cait
Hope you all had a great 4th of July!
Love,
Amanda & Family
4 comments:
You look great and Caitlynn is as adorable as ever! Did you hear that they will not be rebuilding the piers? We are so sad at this news, the only remaining one is at Seawolf Park. Very sad. :o( So glad ya'll had a good trip!
Great pictures! Looks like such a fun time was had by all. :)
You look great, momma!
Looks like you had a great trip and alot of fun. You look great and Cait is to cute.
Okay, I want to see a picture of your husband with a SMILE on his face. He must be like mine and not smile a lot!
It looks like you had a super time at the beach and got some great photo's.
When I saw your belly picture I was thinking that it seems like just yesterday that you were asking for prayer to get pregnant and look at you now!
Post a Comment