Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

True Love

Have you ever heard this song? A very talented musician at our church played his guitar and sang this on Easter Sunday. It was beautiful, moving and perfect. I just wanted to share it with you.





True Love
By Phil Wickham

Come close,
Listen to the story
About a love more faithful
Than the morning
The Father gave
His only Son
Just to save us

Chorus:
The earth was shaking in the dark
All creation felt
The Father's broken heart
Tears were filling heaven's eyes
The day the true love died,
The day the true love died.
When blood and water hit the ground
Walls we couldn't move
Came crashing down
We were free and made alive
The day the true love died,
The day the true love died

Search your hearts
You know you can't deny it
C'mon Lose your life
Just so you can find it
The Father gave
His only Son
Just to save us

Chorus

Bridge:
Jesus is alive Jesus is alive
Jesus is alive Jesus is alive
Jesus is alive He is alive
He rose again!


When blood and water hit the ground
Walls we couldn't move
Came crashing down
We were free and made alive
The day the true love died,
The day the true love died

Come close listen to the story


------------------------------------------

I hope this song moved you as much as it did me.

I hope to post an update after my 16 week appointment tomorrow and may even post some belly pics :)

Love,
Amanda

3 comments:

Devin said...

Amanda,

I have heard this song many, many times, but was moved yet again listening to it and watching the video. I am sure it was just incredible on Easter...thanks for sharing this tonight!

Aspiemom said...

What a perfect song for Easter!

Rachel said...

That is such a good song! Thanks for sharing. I look forward to some belly pics!!!