Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, March 26, 2009

One Year

I cannot believe that it’s been one year since my second child went to Heaven. So much has happened in one year that it’s hard to articulate or fathom. My heart has been broken in a million pieces since that fateful day, but somehow it has been slowly put back together through healing that only the Lord has been able to provide to me.

Although I’d love to write a long memorial for Noah, I am led to share a few things I’ve learned since last March 26th and to hope that Noah’s very short life has not only touched my heart and changed my life, but that it has touched and changed others’.

I have learned that the Lord loves me and can comfort my soul no matter the situation I find myself in.
I have learned that prayer changes everything.
I have learned to love deeper.
I have learned that miracles happen everyday. We just have to look out for them.
I have learned that things don’t always go my way and that God is leading me in the path that He has chosen for me.

I am called to be a mother. I know that. I love my kids - born, unborn or in heaven. There will always be a missing piece to my heart. I call that piece my Noah piece. I will always remember and love him.

Thank you, Lord, for giving me a family that loves me and for letting me have 9.5 precious weeks with Noah Joel last year. Thank you, Lord, for sending us another miracle that is growing within me as I type this. Thank you for second (and third) chances. Thank you, Lord, for your mercies that start new every morning.

In loving memory of Noah Joel Hoyt.

Love,
Amanda



7 comments:

Dornak Blog said...

Noah Joel is in the protecting arms of Jesus and one day you shall all be reunited. Praise God for his care and comfort to you over the past year!

Lauren said...

Thinking of you and your precious baby today. I know how difficult this day might be, and I'm praying for strength and comfort for you.

Noah Joel is a beautiful angel, patiently waiting for you at Heaven's gates. He's watching over you, your family, and the precious miracle that you are carrying.

Love you!
Lauren

Kristin said...

Here from LFCA...Thinking of you as you remember your loss.

Jen said...

I just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you, Noah and your family.

Aspiemom said...

Thinking of you and wondering how you are doing! This was a good post, Amanda.

Chelle said...

((HUGS))

Jessica said...

I gave you an award, my dear!