Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, October 06, 2011

Yesterday, I was given a blessing {Part 1}…

Background:
About a month ago, I “met” a sweet gal named Michelle. I connected with Michelle through a local organization called M.E.N.D. which stands for “mommies enduring neonatal death”. The group provides support to families who have lost babies through miscarriage, stillbirth and/or infant loss, of which, are staggering in numbers. Upon reading Michelle’s story on the M.E.N.D. facebook group page that she posted, and knowing that she lost a baby very early on in her pregnancy after battles with infertility, I knew we had a connection. The funny thing is, is that Michelle lives about 841 miles away and was directed to M.E.N.D. by a friend. Our paths have crossed and now we are friends for life :)

Soon after “meeting,” Michelle, she asked if I’d guest post on her blog. Oh my! Someone was asking ME to post on THEIR blog?!?!? I’ve never had the honor and this excited me. I’ve been blogging since mid 2005. This is big! I knew what I wanted the post to be about but I was overwhelmed at the time, preparing for our move and had to put off the post. Yesterday, after Michelle checking back with me several times to see if I was still interested, I finally was able to come up with the post that I’d been thinking about for a month.

Yesterday:
I believe that writing a guest post for others to read who are not associated with me or my blog directly was a blessing. I have felt, for three years since my loss in 2008, that maybe losing my precious second child was a way for me to not only draw closer to the Lord, but also to be there for others in need after their loss(es). I have been blessed so much by the friends I’ve made who are all BLMs (baby lost mammas) and their stories always touch me to the core. I feel the need to fall to my knees in prayer for them and their families. This guest post might actually be used for good – that others might draw closer to Him and feel not so alone – and maybe, just maybe – might continue to have hope again after their tragedy.

Thank you, Michelle. For asking me to post. Again, it is an honor and a blessing. Our connection is one that no one can deny. Early loss is nothing short of devastating. Our dreams have been taken away, but as you and I both know, if we trust in the Lord and follow His ways, he will give us what our hearts desire. {Psalm 37:4}

You can see my post(s) [she broke it into two because it was so long, and if you know me, that’s how I roll LOL] here:

Part 1: http://myowngrocerygame.blogspot.com/2011/10/guest-post-from-hoyt-family-part-1-mend.html

Part 2: http://myowngrocerygame.blogspot.com/2011/10/guest-post-from-hoyt-family-part-1-mend.html

Thank you all for loving me.
xoxo

No comments: