Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

July 21, 2010 - It's been 9 years...

It’s been 9 years since our kids lost their grandpa. The one they never got to even meet.

Chris’s dad was diagnosed with lung cancer in June of 2000. By the grace of God he was able to participate (and was even Chris’s best man) in our wedding on October 7, 2000. By July of 2001, H.B. Hoyt did not look like the man we knew before. His body had been taken by cancer and we all would never be the same again. Watching H.B. battle his disease and then seeing him go through the end stages of life was one of the hardest things Chris and I have ever been through together. He loved his dad and wanted to continue his relationship with him - and to give him grandchildren.

Sometimes we talk about H.B. looking down on our family and loving us from afar. We know he would have been an awesome grandpa and so wish he could have held our babies in the flesh.

Caitlin knows who her Grandpa H.B. is and will let her sissy know as she gets older who he is also.

We will always remember you, H.B.



~In loving memory of Harold Boyd Hoyt~

January 9, 1939 to July 21, 2001
















2 comments:

Katharine (LauraKat81) said...

I lost my grandfather to lung cancer as well. It is a horrible disease. I'll be praying for your family today!

Melanie said...

Thinking of ya'll today! 9 years seems like a long time but I know it probably feels like yesterday. My father passed 16 years ago of lung cancer too. Wow I had to recount how many years he has been gone and I really can't believe it's been that long cause it truly feels like yesterday! I enjoyed looking at the photos especially the last one~that was touching! Is that Chris as a baby?