Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Madison / Hoyt Family Updates and Pics from Weeks 19, 20, 21, 22 (She's 5 Months!!), 23, 24, 25 and 26 (She's 6 months this Thursday!!)

**I started typing this post almost 3 weeks ago and am just now publishing it! How sad is that? Although the time spent has been with our kidlets and my hubby :) **

I am so behind! Aaaahhhhhh!! And I miss you all in Blog Land!!!! I totally wish there were at least 40 hours in the day so I could check on everyone via Blogs, FB, Twitter, Email, phone and in person. I swear, there are just not enough hours in the day...

There's been alot going on in the Hoyt house lately. Just general busy-ness and other major issues, but for now, we will hit the high points of the past month (or more!) with some milestones (for both girls and our family) that we want to try to remember :)

- Madison is growing in general!! She's got to at least be 18 pounds by now. I'm breaking my back picking up that darn carseat everyday ;) We go to her pediatrician for the 6 month well visit on March 22nd.

- Madison has been eating like a little piggie! She eats at least 30 ounces of either all breastmilk or a combination of breastmilk and formula a day. She's now eating oatmeal at least 2 times per day with either sweet potatoes, carrots, squash, applesauce, prunes, peaches, green beans, bananas, or pears. She'll follow up with a water bottle chaser most evenings. She loves to teeth on that ice cold water bottle nipple!! :) LOL

- Madison is grabbing toys, dropping toys, reaching for her feet (we can't use bouncy chairs anymore!), touching faces of people holding her, trying to hold her bottles by herself and is starting to try to sit-up on her own.

- Madison can grip small toys very well and move them from one hand to the other! She has an orange egg that her Aunt Anya gave her that is perfect for this - she loves it! :)

- Madison can turn herself around in the Exercaucer now! Too cool :)

- Madison loves to hold my hand right before she falls asleep (and of course this goes along with Mommy being the human pacifier at the same time) :)

- Madison likes to hold whoever's hand is feeding her the bottle and move it up and down pretty fast. It's like she's pulling the handle on the milk machine over and over or something!! LOL

- Madison cut her first tooth on February 16th. It's a bottom front tooth. The tooth officially broke ground at about 11pm (she let out a different cry so I checked and sure enough there was a little pointy thing there!) She didn't really stop crying until about 2am. Not sure why - I put Orajel on her gums and gave her Tylenol but she kept on going. I'm not sure Tylenol works on this girl. It has always worked for Cait but I have a feeling that Madi is a Motrin kind of person. We can't try Motrin until she's 6 months so we'll see.

- The week before the first tooth came through, Madison projectile vomited. It was not spit-up (I was informed). I was not there. It happened when Chris picked her up from Big Mamma's. I think it had to do with teething because she was not sick before or after that in any way.

- Madison likes to look in the mirror. Hmmm, this sounds familiar. Cait could look in the mirror for hours (these days and back in the day!!) :)

- Madison loves to look at her daddy (he thinks because she probably thinks she's looking into a mirror since they look so much alike :)). She smiles usually upon eye contact.

- Madison reacts to me like someone who has not eaten in days. She makes a fast panicky fussy crying noise and kind of leans towards me until I pick her up. She always smiles with me and sometimes when I pick her up she will just laugh over and over even if I'm not tickling her.

- Madison is really babbling alot these days and she has already said her first word! She started babbling "MaMa" on Sunday, February 14th. I was not sure if I should count that since it was "MaMa" over and over again, but when Caitlin noticed it and a few others who I told about it said that the babbling counted...I officially called it - she said MaMa on Valentine's Day!!!!!!

- Madison is a night owl! She will have barely slept all day and she'll want to stay up until midnight talking!! I have to wake up to get ready for work at 4:20 on weekdays so I don't have the time or energy to stay up until midnight!! I sometimes can put her in the beanbag chair in front of the TV while I try to rest until she's ready to sleep. (She's still in bed with us, obviously...) *Since this was typed previously, Madison has not had many nights like this. For the past 2 weeks or so, she's been sleeping through the night as long as she's in bed with us and using her human pacifier. I'm not going to lie. I am going to have a hard time moving her to the crib - it will be hard on Madison and Mommy! :( But I know that we both need to be in our separate beds. I'm hoping I can move her once she's 6 months. That's in a few days!!!

- Madison lifts her right eyebrow at you when she's really happy or interested in you!

- Madison cut her 2nd tooth on March 1st and had no problem. Just a little fussyness. The same day she said her 2nd word - "Da Da!" So precious!!

- After Madison eats, if one of us talks to her, she will most certainly lose her lunch. She gets so excited (especially if Daddy talks to her!) that she spits up.

- Caitlin got strep throat on February 18th and we spent 2 days home from school. When I typed this post previously, we were still taking the 10 day pink refrigerated antibiotic that she just LOVES (not!) and trying our best not to get sick ourselves and trying even harder not to get Madi sick! Knock on wood, I'd like to keep her healthy for a few more months :) *Madison has not gotten sick yet (knocking...)*

- Caitlin and I got to spend some quality time together on President's day. We went to an art shop for kids and painted pottery. It was fun to see how excited she got to spend one on one time with me. Like old times. Caitlin is slowly returning to her "old self" and bringing back her smile. She'd kind of gone to a "different place" since Madison's arrival and she's starting to get comfortable with her now. They are going to have a great bond. Caitlin LOVES Madison. She just needed to get the hang of how things were going to flow with the new baby in the house. I think she gets it now. We are going to have time to devote to both. :)

- Caitlin had her first field day last week at school and did very well in the sack races!!

- Caitlin just got her ears pierced yesterday - it was both fun and scary watching my little girl grow up right before my eyes! But she looks gorgeous with her little pink ice studs in her little earlobes!!

- Chris's neck is getting worse. He did PT, drinks a special drink, does special exercises at home, sleeps and sits with special pillows, sits with a special massage chair cover...and it still clicks and hurts all the time. He needs your prayers. It's bone on bone. My husband is too young to not be able to play with the kids when he wants to. He got an MRI almost 3 weeks ago and we waited for 2 weeks for the doctor to call with the results. Finally I called up there to find out what the deal was. They had forgotten (of course!) and called him and basically told him that his neck is really bad but not bad enough for surgery and to keep doing his home exercises!! OMG - so they basically dropped him! After we paid them tons of money (out of network :() and trusted them to give us an answer we were dumped! So now we have to find a second opinion doc and get the films and do all that mess. All the while, Chris can't even sleep the pain is so bad! Please pray.

- Chris's company is being bought out. We have no idea how this will affect his job. We think he may have to start working different hours soon. He's had to work late a few days recently and that may continue. This will affect my schedule as well. Please pray that we will figure out how to deal with all the changes and that his job is safe.

- This has been super hard to deal with over the past few weeks. Our Big Mamma is just not feeling well. Her arthritis and diabetes are causing her great pain. She just cannot watch Madision anymore. We found a new sitter but it has been hard. Please pray that the new sitter would love Madison like Big Mamma did and that Madison would learn, grow and have fun at the new place. It is a family home where the mom stays home with her 3 kids. The kids range from Kindergarten to 4 yrs old to 7 months old. Big Mamma watched Caitlin since she was 8 months old, but just does not have the energy anymore to keep Madison. We also didn't want her to over exert herself. She still watches Cait before and after school. Please pray for Big Mamma to feel better. She is having surgery for bleeding behind her eyes (which was one of the reasons she had to stop keeping Madison - could not lift heavy things) on March 23. Please pray that the bleeding would stop and that she would get better and that there would be no blindness.

- Madison's new babysitter's husband is out of work. He got laid off the Friday before she started sitting for Madison, so the sitting job was most likely a God thing. But, this week he is in Dallas on interviews. If he was to get a job there, the family would have to move. If that were to happen, we'd have to find a new sitter on short notice again. This is always weighing heavily on my mind. Please pray that whatever happens, we would not be left without a good sitter for our baby. Please also pray for this young family as the husband looks for a new job.

Thank you if you made it all the way through that post! Thank you also for your prayers.

Love always,
Amanda

And here are the many (100 to be exact) photos (I could not choose a small number (if you know me you already know this :)) from the past 8 weeks!!





































































































2 comments:

Kahla said...

They are both just too cute for words! Sending lots of P&PT for everyone!

Devin said...

I LOVE the pics, Amanda! I can't believe you uploaded all of those, that must have taken forever! :) I know...wait till you see the post on the boys' room that I'm working on! geesh.

There are so many things I thought of while reading this...but most of all, I can see now what you mean about so many things going on. I had no idea your hubby's neck was that bad...and now having to start over...such a huge disappointment, I'm sure. I just want you to know that I will fervently be praying for an answer SOON for him, and for you.

I'm so glad you're getting some sleep at night, even if it is with Madison in your bed with you. A girl's got to sleep! You can only go so long without it, so if that is what has to be done, it has to be done. Don't sweat it--different strokes for different folks, you know? Got to do whatever works!

Love you friend, and I'll talk to you soon...LOVE the pictures! (Tell Cait her ears are BEAUTIFUL!)