I have hated not being able to blog in the recent weeks. I’ve missed you guys!! How are you? I’ve tried to check in on you via blogs and FaceBook (and some email), but haven’t done that great a job. With Madison’s continued colic (which I hope to announce soon that it’s officially over!) which has led to Chris and I getting absolutely no sleep whatsoever (and still having to drag ourselves to the office!!), going back to work, Christmas, New Year’s, Caitlin going back to school after Christmas break, Chris finding out he has something wrong with his neck and back (the pain is almost unbearable) and just regular life getting in the way, I have had to stay away from my blog. But, with my hope that the c-word (I am leery of talking about this out loud!!?? EEEK!) is finally over (after almost 17 weeks = almost 4 months!!) I hope to be able to blog semi-regularly again (or when significant events occur in the Hoyt Family) :) Whew, that was a long sentence!!
Hope you can make it through this post - it is LOOONNNG! I took over 240 pictures at Christmas time so I posted the best ones in this post (so there are lots!!) :)
We went to church with Grammy, MeMe and Grandpa on Christmas Eve. We opened gifts at our house (just our family of 4) on Christmas morning and then went to MeMe & Grandpa's house for Christmas dinner and more gifts where we were joined by Grammy and Uncle Mike.
We had a great Holiday together and especially since it was Madison's first Christmas! She got to wear cute dresses and socks and I made sure to take pics of all of them!! :) LOL
So, without further adieu, here are our Christmas 2009 pics (and some from the weeks surrounding Christmas to document Madison's weekly (13 & 14) growth and experiences). She is now 4 months old (17+ weeks so I have some catching up to do!!)







Daddy's big Christmas present





My famous dips - Chili/Cheese over Cream Cheese & Apple/Pineapple Jelly/Horseraddish over Cream Cheese - all with crackers - YUMMO!!

MeMe & Grandpa's beautiful dining room
Cait's first Ken doll!




Here's Dakota in her Twinkle Toes :)
Joy's Christmas present (Gumby) - she ate his arm off right away!



This is sooo her daddy's lip!




She was so happy that Santa brought her a Liv doll!
She lost her 4th front tooth on Christmas Eve! I asked her when The Tooth Fairy would show up...
...Then I asked when Santa would show up...Our house was popular and busy on Christmas Eve!!

Can't remember why Cait had a fit before church, but I had to document it...









They say your baby should be 4 months old to use the ExerSaucer...we put her in at 3!! :)
She kind of likes it...I think it's growing on her.

My Christmas gift from Madison: she slept in her crib for 15 minutes (longest ever!) and when she woke up and would not go back to sleep in crib, we both started sleeping in our bed (moved from couch) on 12/25/09 after 3 months in living room (to let Dad get rest while Mom stayed home and baby cried all night...) It's so nice to be in my bed again!! I can feed her there without really "waking up" and she sleeps most of the night as long as I'm there :)
2 comments:
Wow, you DID take a lot of pictures! Thanks for sharing some of them. I bet it was a very special Christmas with the girls.
So, what is wrong with your husband's back and neck? Can it be fixed?
That wasn't TOO long... It was worth it! Nice daddy present! And RED to boot! Madison has the same bouncer as Quintin! We just put him in the exersaucer this weekend and he is still too short!
So sorry about Madison's C*L*C! We have been very fortunate...you will be in my prayers that the worst is over!
Post a Comment