Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Madison's 9 week pics and 2 month doctor appt. update

Our tiniest girl is growing up!! Madison weighed in yesterday at a whopping 12 pounds 12 ounces! She beat out her big sister by 7 ounces at this age!! She's in the 96-97 percentile for weight now. She's now 23.5 inches long (90th percentile for height)!

Her pedi said she looks healthy to her :) Also, Madison was talking and smiling at the doctor yesterday. That was cute!

We did get to discuss our biggest concern with the doctor yesterday - we think we've been dealing with reflux lately with Miss Madison. The doctor was not completely convinced it was reflux but thought more along the lines of just colic but prescribed Zantac anyway so I think we'll give it a try. She's been spitting up almost every time I feed her, she's very fussy (when she's not smiling, talking or sleeping :)) and she hates to be laid flat on her back - all signs of reflux. We'd hate to not get it treated and it last too long and cause more problems! So, hopefully the Zantac will work OR she'll grow out of it (if it's colic) in 1 month or so.

We are working on moving Madi to her crib this week (seems like a good plan since I return to work in exactly 3 weeks). Not sure which night we will actually try the "sleeping in the crib" thing, but for now, we're just putting her in there during the day for trial runs and naps and seeing how it goes. Today when we tried it she seemed to like it okay. We'll see how it goes after dark :)

Here are some pics from Madison's 9th week and yesterday after she got her 4 shots (poor baby!) and one oral vaccine. She cried after the shots for a few seconds and then was fine. She was irritable the rest of the night but today she's been okay.

Hope you all are well and are gearing up for a great Thanksgiving. We all have so much to be thankful for :)

Love,
Amanda


















She LOVES TV!

4 comments:

Rooney's Little Musings said...

She is so beautiful!!!

I know it's pathetic, but we are stressing over moving Kate out of her co-sleeper and into her crib. Let us know how it goes!

Devin said...

I love all of the pictures of her smiling...they are just great! I am looking forward to hearing how the Zantac works...I hope this is the problem and solves the sleep issues too!

I am going to try to email you back tonight or tomorrow...Happy Thanksgiving to you and all of your family!!

Aspiemom said...

It's great to see all of the pictures. She's getting so big! My niece's baby was born around 5lbs. and she's just about 7 wks old and is about 7 lbs. It's so fun to watch their silly faces at that stage and work for those smiles!

Unknown said...

She is a happy girl! I love all the pics of her smiling. I am sorry to hear about the reflux. Quin spits up almost every time we feed him too. He seems to be gaining weight ok, though.


Heather